Sunday, March 2, 2014

Soft as a Cloud

One of my friends posted this play dough she had done with her children on Facebook:

http://discoverexplorelearn.com/worlds-easiest-play-dough

It looked so fun and was only 2 ingredients: conditioner and corn startch (my kids wanted color so we added food color to it) so of course we decided to give it a try!!!!

Soft as a cloud play dough:




There is one of our finished results. It was super silky and soft and smelled great! It was really fun to play with. 

I will warn you it was a big mess for us! I am absolutely sure you could make this without the mess but me and messes just seem to go together. 






The kids had a great time playing with it and I even got Colt to finally play with it for a bit!!!






Also be warned it was kind of tricky to get the right consistency. The first batch was Pierce's and it was super gooey so I had to add a lot more corn startch. Saffryn's was too crumbly so I had to add more conditioner. You will also need to knead it for a bit before it turns into a useable dough!




All in all this was a fun project. We sealed our play dough in a ziplock bag and will be excited to get it out and play another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment