Thursday, March 20, 2014

It's Off

It is off!!! The Cpap is off!!!



This morning when my mom and I came into the NICU to be with Max for his 8am feeding I noticed he had pulled his Cpap out of his nose. I immediately looked to his monitor to see how everything was doing and realized his stats were right where they should be. So we waited a minute and they stayed stable. I called the nurse over and she was excited and said, "today might just be the when he turns the corner!" She went and told the NICU doctor and they both agreed that assuming he continued to do well they would take his Cpap off later in the day. 

They also increased his feedings to an ounce every 3 hours and wanted to see how he would handle that. 

Also, he has been in a hospital gown for over 24 hours and has managed to keep his body temperate stable without the warmer on!



Which all means he is closer to coming home!!!

I left the hospital feeling so encouraged. I came back for his 2pm feeding and got to do another 2.5 hours of holding him! It was so great. Really, really great. 

After we got him back in his isollete the doctor gave us the all clear to take off his Cpap. I felt so bad watching them take the tape off his skin and hair. Poor baby. But even while he was crying his stats stayed stable! We watched him for a few minutes and he was so calm and happy!!!   If he can stay off oxygen all night tomorrow I will get to try and nurse him! I am so excited! 

To add to the happy day the NICU family council made special loveys for the babies and Max got a wildcat one!



That is some seriously good juju for tomorrow's game. Go CATS!

Ok! Headed to the hospital for his 8pm feeding. Will try and update again tomorrow. What a happy day. 

Thanks for all the prayers and love!

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord!! What a blessing!! I have a huge smile on my face for you right now. I can imagine how your heart must be feeling. How cool was it for you to be the one to notice the big change and be there for it!! You inspire me and I love you girly!! I really REALLY hope you get to nurse him tomorrow and he is making leaps and bounds in being able to come home. Bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WONDERFUL news!! I have been praying and will continue to pray. Go little man go! :) ...And go Cats!

    ReplyDelete