Thursday, March 6, 2014

A Little Art

I have received compliments on our projects around here. And while I appreciate them I need to let you all on a little secret. Are you ready?!?!

I am a good mom because all my friends and family help! I haven't had an original idea in ages it seems because everyone I know either emails, facebooks or texts me an idea of a project I can do! It is so wonderful!!! All I do is read the link or message and say yes and do it. Sometimes I blog about it. I am glad you all think that makes me a good mom. Lol! Guess what else? You can do it, too! 

Glad we cleared that up! Now are you ready for another project that I in no way thought of or found on my own? Great!

My friend who also happens to be my neighbor (yes it is incredibly convenient and especially awesome!) found this super fun art project and invited us over to do it:

http://theimaginationtree.com/2012/09/van-gogh-style-finger-paint-printing.html

First we showed them some of Van Gogh's art work and talked about it. Then we took baking sheets and wrapped them in tin foil and offered them different colors of paint. I decided to offer only primary colors because my kids keep asking about mixing and I was hoping it would be a good color mixing and making opportunity. 

Side note: I also offered black and white. In hindsight I wish I wouldn't have offered black because they kept wanting to add a bunch of black which of course made the colors all black. Oh well I guess it was a learning opportunity none the less. 

Once the paint was offered we had the children use their fingers to try and create swirls. Once they were satisfied with their picture we put paper on top of the foil and made a print. 










My kids wanted their hands cleaned off every 5 seconds and it kind of drove me a bit crazy. I wish I would have thought about and planned for that a little better. Otherwise I think it was a fun project! 

Thanks to my friend for letting us come and messy up her house! I think this is a project worth repeating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment