Thursday, February 27, 2014

Parenting Fail

Tonight was bath night. While Dan and I were getting the bath ready with Saffryn's help the boys were playing downstairs. 

In a super stellar lazy (and giantly pregnant) mom moment I called down and asked Pierce to let Crash in so I wouldn't have to walk all the way downstairs and do it myself. 

I hear my door chime and see Crash running up the stairs. I hear the door close and I am pretty much patting myself on the back about now, let's be honest. 

I call down to the boys and tell them it's time to come up for a bath. I am in the bathroom finishing filling up the bath and I hear Pierce run up to his room. I meet him in there as he begins undressing. Noticing Colt has not come up from downstairs I ask Pierce:

Me: "Does Colt know it's time to come up for bath?"

Pierce with a super straight face and calm tone: "No. He is outside."

Me in a much less calm tone: "WHAT???"

I call to Dan and he runs downstairs and outside where sure enough baby Colt is playing on our little swingset. 

Um wow. Parenting FAIL. 

I should have thought about Colt's favorite thing to do (outside time) combined with the fact that Pierce wouldn't know to stop him when I asked for his help. Thank goodness Pierce told me when he did. 

Mom's lesson learned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment