Thursday, July 12, 2012

Slow Down

The other evening while sitting outside in the hot (feeling cranky and sorry for myself) watching the kids play I had a thought... I wish I could just fast forward these next 7 weeks (give or take a few weeks. Basically until baby boy 3 is born). Why? Because I am very excited to meet this baby! I am such an impatient person. It is also tough being this pregnant over the summer months so I am just ready for these few weeks to be over!

However while I was thinking that particular thought another thought came to me. Have you ever seen the movie Click? Basically this guy gets a remote to his life. He has the freedom to fast forward, pause, etc... So he does exactly what I just suggested and fast forwards through the hard and boring parts of his life to get to the "good" ones. *spoiler alert* after he gets through his life he realizes that maybe the "boring" or hard parts of life are actually quite special. He realizes that he missed out on so much.

I don't want to be that person. I don't want to miss out on God's blessings because I was too impatient to live in the moment. What would I miss out on if I fast forwarded these next 7 weeks??? Well that is my new mission...finding out! I want to use these next hard weeks to improve my patience and see how God has blessed me! I am going to try and be diligent in finding the moments that make me stop and think, "I would have missed this." I am calling any posts of these my "slow down" posts.

Here is my first post on slowing down:

After a hot walk after dinner we all came back to the driveway to play. Dan turned on the sprinklers and got out the hose because our yard needs a bit more water. Saffryn wanted to help. Well it turned into a water fight!!! The pictures are not the best because it was from my camera. But try and enjoy!
































They all got soaking wet! I am so very glad I didn't miss this. I loved seeing Dan play with the kids. We were all laughing SO much! This is a memory I will cherish for a long time. So glad I didn't get the chance to fast forward and miss this special moment.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. I love you!! I feel the same way sometimes but you are so right--even the "boring" parts of life add so much to our full perspective!! I am super excited to see him too!! I mean like super duper frantically anticipating seeing him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It was exactly what I needed to read at this moment, as I too am ready for my little one to just be here. (You know this already!) So thanks friend, for putting this into perspective for me! Love the pictures of the water fight. Such good memories to look back on in a few years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great reminder to me too! I am always thinking, "When Sadie is at this or that stage, we can do so much more!" etc... Thanks for the reminder to enjoy the here and now! Even the mundane :)

    ReplyDelete