Saturday, July 21, 2012

Slow Down 3

Before I became a parent I had all sorts of ideas about the things I would never do. I was not going to be one of "those" parents whose children throw tantrums in the store. Or who gives their children skittles as rewards...or...the list could go on. But let's not embarrass myself more than absolutes necessary! But what I was not for sure EVER going to was let my kids play in the street...without shoes...

This morning we really needed to weed the front flower bed. And this was an actual need...not a pregnancy related "need". Trust me. Anyway that bed is right by the street and I knew the kids would want to eventually come over to me. After a few minutes of playing with their toys near the garage they did just that.

They started by playing on the sidewalk near our house. Innocent enough. Dan and I were both right there so we weren't worried about them (plus it was early and normal people were still sleeping so there were no cars out and about).

Then Pierce's shoe fell off. He had no interest in coming over to me to get it on...and let's just be real I had no interest in getting up and walking over there to put it back on. Hey in my defense getting up off the ground is not a small task these days. Plus he was wearing socks. Lol!

Then he took his other shoe off. Ugh. Oh well. Right?!? Then they got really sneaky and started to take interest in the small stream of water in front of the driveway from the neighbor's sprinklers. Well again I thought no big deal. I expected them to be down here because Dan and I were.

The next thing I know my children turn into wild animals....lol! Playing in the stream...in the street! Saffryn realized Pierce had his shoes off and proceeded to take hers off. The stream got bigger with more sprinklers and the kids got wetter.

Dan and I looked at each other and realized...OH NO! We were now one of "THOSE" parents. And you know what. It was really fun! We could not stop laughing at our crazy kids. I made Dan run in and get the camera...naturally. So while we were weeding our kids were:





And




They both fell and got "soakin wet" according to Saffryn










Socks and all...



Oops too far...



Come on back you wild animals ;)



Holding hands...then they get really crazy...



Haha



For the record this whole thing was Pierce's idea. Especially this gem of putting their hair in it.

This was a fun morning. It turned a really unpleasant chore of weeding into a crazy memory. It also made Dan and I check another one of those never moments from our list. I'm so glad we did! And don't worry we bathed the children thoroughly after these pictures were taken!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. I love eveything about this! So much fun and I'm so glad you had the camera! Such a fun memory! I laughed so hard at The pictures of them putting their hair in the water! Such cute and funny kiddos!

    ReplyDelete