Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sidewalk Paint

Picture an afternoon of boredom. Both children are antsy and I am tired. It just seemed like no toys were going to cut it...they were BORED. Which in my house leads to crying, tantrums and acting out.

So I rack my brain for an EASY and fun new activity. I think outside so clean up will be easy. I then google sidewalk paint. The easiest recipe came up. One half cup of cornstarch and 1/2 cup of water. Add food coloring. I had all those ingredients so we quickly whipped up a few jars of sidewalk paint!



We grabbed some paint brushes and went outside!



Let the painting begin!!!



Both were very excited to do this!







When it dried it looked like chalk!




Cute little artist!




She was very busy!







Pierce decided he was done with art and wanted to push his lawn mower around!







A look at their creation.




Then I took the hose and washed it off. It could not have been any easier...and it saved an otherwise boring afternoon!!! We will for sure be doing this again!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Thank goodness for fun, cheap activities like these! What did moms do back in the "old days"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun!! We did that a couple of months ago too...and Laney LOVED it!! Definitely one to keep around! : )

    ReplyDelete