Saturday, April 2, 2011

Children's Museum

Lets continue with our Houston vacation! One of the perks of a big city are the museums they have! Houston is no exception and has a TON! I really really really wanted to go to the children's museum while we were out there because I had a feeling it would be spectacular. I WAS RIGHT!!!!

I was super nervous to drive there by myself (Dan was at a work training) because it is a lot of highway driving and I am so out of practice living in Wichita now, but it wasn't that bad! I did get lost downtown trying to find the museum, but luckily technology is such that my phone acted as a GPS and got us there in no time!

Momma and baby at the entrance to the Museum
The place was SO huge! I honestly didn't know where to start. We walked around for a minute to take it all in and saw a huge water area outside! BINGO!!! Lets go there and explore first!

Playing in the water area! It was so huge


Here she is saying, "Balls" She LOVED all this water play!


You can add tubes to change the direction of the water flow! How neat is that. Of course all she wanted to do was dip the balls in the water :)
 We had a great time playing and exploring the water. There were so many things to do and if she would have been a little older she could have taken advantage of some of the really neat activities set up!

Next we went inside and found a little art studio! We haven't had much luck with painting at home, so I thought maybe being somewhere new might interest her more. It did! She was such a serious and talented artist...LOL!


She is just soo cute!

Very serious about her work!
We then went upstairs to play in the designated toddler area. This was a lot of fun and had a lot of activities that were just right for her!


This was a really neat activity. It was like an extra large night bright (remember those). We spent a long time here!

Driving and exploring the cars they had there :)
We then took a break for lunch and were both really hungry! Then we went to the town village area. This was my favorite part! They had this little town set up with different rooms that were different town things. They had a vet clinic, diner, grocery store, bank, news station, fire/police station and several more that I can't remember. All were child size for the children to pretend and explore. It was so amazing. I am taking my children back there in several years when they are in the prime pretend age and we are going to go nuts!!! LOL but in the meantime I was surprised how much Saffryn enjoyed it. She played with it on a very basic level....and by that I mean: dumping/filling, pushing buttons, carrying items around and overall exploration but had a TON of fun!

The Vet Clinic. We spend lots of time here with all the stuffed animals!


The Diner! I mean really...how cool is that?!?!?


Pushing all the buttons on the cash register!


Opening up the "kennels" to get the stuffed animals out! She LOVED this place with all the stuffed animals


Saffryn taking her baket around to get some goodies at the grocery store!

She had so much fun!
Oh man did we have fun! I seriously have like 30 more pictures of us exploring this place haha. So I tried to narrow them down the best I could! And yes almost all of them Saffryn is interacting with something very intensely! Always the serious baby :) I am honestly not kidding when I say I want to go back in a few years with both of my children. We didn't even touch the surface on all the things they have for children to explore and learn. Dan would have loved it and we were sad he couldn't be there with us. Thanks again Houston for a fun day of exploring...we both loved it!

1 comment: