Friday, April 15, 2011

check-up

I am almost 36 weeks pregnant...woohoo! getting so close! I had a Dr. apt today. They did the usual weight check and luckily my weight gain has slowed down significantly...phew! I have gained altogether 29lbs. Not too bad considering I gained over 40 with Saffryn LOL!!!! My urine and blood pressure looked fine also. then today she checked me for group b strep and to see if I have started dialating at all. I wasn't expecting too much because I didn't dialate very much with Saffryn before getting induced. I didn't think I was showing too many signs of anything going on but alas I was dialated to a 2 and 50% effaced!!!! YIPEE!!!!

My Dr. said I may actually go into labor on my own this time around since I am already starting to dialate. Now I know someone is thinking, "Don't get your hopes up you may just stay at a 2 or 3 for weeks without going into labor." and don't worry I am very aware of that and am not counting on anything, but I am super excited because like I said I hardley made any progress with Saffryn before getting induced!

She checked his heart rate and it was in the 140's and of course is still measuring a week and a half ahead. She warned me not to buy too many newborn outfits because she just doesn't think he will fit into them...uh oh!!! lol!!! but he is definitely head down and everything is looking good!

We have scheduled an induction for May 9th if he doesn't come on his own by then. I am praying hard that he does!!!! I have a feeling the next few weeks will be filled with finishing up my lists and LOTS of walking!!!! It is almost time to meet this guy!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.5

2 comments:

  1. I am SO VERY EXCITED for you!!!!!!! You look GREAT!! Praying for you and the family!! HUGS my dear friend!!

    ReplyDelete