Friday, April 22, 2011

37 weeks

I had my 37 week check-up today. I gained a few more pounds and my blood pressure and urine looked good! He is actually measuring smaller this time and the Dr checked me and said it is because he has dropped..woohoo! I thought maybe he had, but I dunno I can never really be sure. She said I was not quite dilated to a 3 but that my cervix had changed some and she thought it would just continue to do so now that he has dropped! She said that I really may not need to be induced this time because my body looks like it is making the preparations it needs to. I sure hope so!!! Yippee!!! She fully expects to see me for my apt next week so we still have a little bit of a wait...but now its really countdown time. Two weeks and some change until my induction date...wow!


So on a slightly unrelated topic I have been asked how has this pregnancy compared to my pregnancy with Saffryn. And so far completely different!!! I can't wait to find out if that reflects on their personalities which I am guessing it will..

My first trimester with Saffryn I was super sensitive to foods. I HAD to eat every 2 hours on the dot or I would get so sick. Heavy, greasy and smelly foods also really needed to be avoided and I just couldn't handle them. So basically I just ate fruit smoothies (Dan was a great sport and made them for me a lot) and rice chex with a little bit of milk. By 14 weeks, it passed and I felt really good.

My first trimester with Jr it was all about sleep! I could eat whatever/whenever I wanted and not be affected at all. I never really felt queasy or sickly. However I was SO tired. I would fall asleep at 8pm and sleep solid until Saffryn woke up at 7ish. She was still taking two naps at the time and I would too. And with all that sleep I still felt so draggy and tired. It was all I could do to find some energy to take care of Saffryn. By about 18 weeks I finally got some energy back and started feeling good!

The second trimester with both was great. Lots of energy! I started showing much earlier with Jr...but that was to be expected. With both I was really anxious to get to the third trimester and start wrapping it up :)

The third trimester with Saffryn I craved...CHOCOLATE!!! I am not much of a chocolate eater so this was a big surprise to Dan and myself really. I also wanted pickles and popcorn...together!!!! hehehe! It took me forever to feel Saffryn move initially and that didn't change too much in my third trimester. I felt like I needed to do kick counts all the time to make sure she was moving enough...it was SO stressful for me. I thought I was "all belly" with Saffryn but I gained over 40lbs and people never commented on my tummy being big. I think I honestly gained more all over with her. All of my stretch marks from her were on my hips and thighs (sorry if this is TMI). I didn't get any on my tummy with her...so in hindsight I don't think I was "all belly"... The last think about Saffryn's last trimester is one of the few times I could really get her moving was while I was playing Beatles Rock Band. Its so funny because she still LOVES music so much. I would love to say she is partial to The Beatles, but honestly it is all kinds of music!

The third trimester with Jr has been so different. I started feeling him move around 18-19 weeks and he hasn't stopped yet. LOL!!!! I have never worried about him moving enough. He actually has kept me awake at night from moving so much and that never happened with Saffryn. Also as far as cravings go its JUNK FOOD!!! Fast food, soda, cheetos and all kinds of other garbage!!!! It was also really heavy foods like biscuits and gravy, fried chicken and mashed potatoes. So strange!!! He doesn't seem to change at all during music times so I am wondering if he wont be as interested in it as his sister is! This time around I can honestly say I am "all belly" I have gained less weight with him and constantly get comments on how big I look because my belly is sticking out so far! I have only gotten stretch marks on my tummy this time around, no where else.

As my due date approached with Saffryn I basically did not dilate. I never experienced a contraction...not even braxton hicks, until I was induced. I know you might think I am lying or maybe didn't know what I was feeling but I really didn't experience them with her. I am convinced she would have stayed in there as long as I would have given her. True to form she is still very much a comfort zone kind of girl! Slow to warm up to strangers or new places. She is also very much a Momma's girl (which I love)!

At 37 weeks with Jr I am already almost a 3 (I know I already said that) and have experienced some contractions! Yes they died down and have yet to come back but I really think they will come back in time. He has dropped and seems more ready to make his appearance than Saffryn was. Can't wait to see what kind of labor and delivery I will have with him.

All this reflection makes me SO SUPER EXCITED TO MEET HIM!!!! What is he going to be like? Who is he going to look like? Only a few more weeks and we will find out :) Here are some pictures of me at 37 weeks. Sorry this was so long apparently I even talk too much in print form!

37 weeks...so big!


37 weeks!


Bare belly 37 weeks!

Front shot of my tummy at 37 weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Tylie, this just amazes me!! I having been telling everyone about the difference for me in carrying a girl vs. boy. I was just so enthralled reading this b/c your and mine pregnancies are so much alike with the boy vs. girl thing. I find it so interesting. Anyways just had to comment and say I hear ya!!
    It is getting so close, once you have Jr. I am so close--excited!!!!

    ReplyDelete