Wednesday, February 23, 2011

15 Months



This post is a tad late...please forgive me. But here is Saffryn's 15 month post. I figure she isn't changing as fast now so I don't need to do it monthly so instead I am doing some of the bigger milestones and 15 months sounds like a big one to me....plus she had a doctor's apt so I know her stats :)



STATS: Weight: 22lbs 14 oz. 50%  Height: 90%. So tall!!! (Can't remember the actual numbers I will try to look them up tomorrow). She is wearing size 18 months clothes and size 5 shoe. She will wear a hair bow in her hair for about 2-5 mintues while we say, "So pretty". Then promptly takes it out! And size 3 diapers :) 


LANGUAGE:  She has been jabbering almost non-stop recently! She uses a lot of words, but she is trying to talk to us in sentences but doesn't have the words so she just jabbers! It is so cute!!! It is also so exciting because her desire to talk is so apparent! Some of the new words she has picked up: cereal, open (sounds like uppy), Liam (one of her best friends), Avery (another one of her good friends), baby, cat, go, ball (I think she has had this one for awhile, but I don't know if I have recorded it). Several other words but I can't recall them all right now. One thing she has been doing though is saying, "I poopy" and I check her and sure enough...she IS!!! So proud of her!!!!! She loves to talk almost...ALMOST as much as I do! LOVE HER!!!!

CONCEPTS:  She is really starting to be able to recall things that have happened earlier in the day. It is SO neat and is separating her very significantly from her furry brother...hahah! For example: she has been going into the laundry room and playing with Crash's water. This is one of the few rules that she just has a hard time obeying. She is a huge rule follower. Anyway I walk in and see that she has tipped his bowl over and I say, "OH NO. This is not your water. This water is for Crash. IT IS NOT FOR YOU." A little while later while playing in the living room Saffryn looks at me and says: "oh no....gibberish". I said that's right, "oh no. Not for you." And she says, "Crash". I said, "Yes its Crash's" Then she said, "Water". SO COOL!!!! She knew exactly what had happened and we talked about it over and over and over. LOL.



FAVORITES: Some of her favorite things are:
1:BALLS! She loves to play with balls. She actually got a Red Sox baseball book for Christmas (thanks Aunt Chrissy) and she LOVES to read this book and look for all the "bay balls". 
2: BABIES! She is so obsessed with them. If there is a baby in the room that is all she will talk about! She even knows where her baby brother is! If we ask her where he is she comes and touches my tummy. So smart!
3: DOGS! Same old thing with this. Just loves all dogs especially Crash.
4: JUNGLE BOOK! Yup the Disney movie. She loves talking about baby Mowgli, cats and dogs (wolves). She dances to the songs and will watch a lot of the movie. (We have tried other movies but none have had the same effect as this one).
5: DANCING!!! She has a serious love for music and dancing! She asks for it all the time especially at Papa and Gigi's house!!!


DISLIKES: Just normal toddler stuff...being told, "NO". Not getting what she has in mind. Wanting so desperately to be independent but not physically capable of doing everything herself yet.


OVERALL: She is such a sweet, sweet baby! She has really been into hugs and kisses recently and will do it on her own. It is so heart melting!!! She is good buddies with her Daddy and Crash. She loves her friends and is starting to really play with them. She cannot live without "special bunny" and calls him "bubbie". We are so crazy about her and think she is the best blessing from God!



Well that's all I can think of for now! P.S this is a special shirt from her Aunt Abbie! It says: "Somebody at University of Texas Loves Me". Thanks for such a fun shirt! We all LOVE it!!!

1 comment: