Friday, February 11, 2011

G-R-O-S-S

Yesterday a very nasty thing happened. Something I was so hoping to avoid. I know a lot (if not all) parents experience some form of this at one point in time, but like I said I did not want to experience it. Ok enough of the cliff hanger...here is the story:

First little back story... Saffryn has taken the habit of putting her hands in her diaper recently. I have tried to stay on top of the behavior by keeping clothes on her and not leaving her in just a diaper...easy access.

Anyway the other day after snack time (it was a messy one) I left her in her diaper because I busy and a little preoccupied. I thought I smelled a dirty diaper so I said to Saffryn, "Ok let's change your diaper." I looked up as I was saying this and....

HANDS IN THE DIAPER!!!!

HANDS OUT OF THE DIAPER!!!!

POOP!!!

ALL OVER HER HANDS!!!

OMGOSH!!!!!

I tried not to panic...Ok lets be honest...I PANICKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried to finish what I was doing...but before my hands where completely free she reached her hands toward her mouth....

"N-O-O-O-O-O-O"

Saffryn looked up surprised but then tried to put her hands back in her mouth..I'm sure she was thinking "What an interesting response....should I try it again?"

"N-O-O-O-O-O"

Uh.oh....mommy is yelling at me.

LOTS OF TEARS!!!!!

I want a hug mommy...

"N-O-O-O-O STAY WHERE YOU ARE...DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING"

LOTS OF TEARS!!!!!

Ok by this point my hands are free and I am able to pick her up...very carefully and go change her and clean her up. We scrub the face and hands and put some clothes on and she is good to go. The tears stopped after a bit and playing resumed like nothing ever happened. The only person traumatized by the experience????

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL. But really please tell me you have had some sort of experience along these lines? My child surely isn't the only one who was curious about the smelly stuff in her diaper??? What a day!

3 comments:

  1. Hi. My sister is Melissa Jensen and I read your blog on occasion. I just have to say my daughter has to be ducked taped into her diaper at naps and night, b/c she would take her poopy diaper off and smear it all over her crib. So feel better you are not alone. And yes, way gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I laughed so much when you first told me this story. And sorry I find myself, again, cracking up at the hilarity of this story! Love you friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I'm a little late reading this one... I feel for you though. This has been my fear since Caitlynn was born 6 years ago...finaly had my first (hopefully last) encounter with this with two days ago. I was downstairs when Ryan yelled (from upstairs) "I think Brayden is eating something really nasty...I think it might be poop!" My first response: "YUCK, why are you letting him eat it...take it out of his mouth...get him away from it...sanatize him." After immediately dropping what I was doing and sprinting upstairs, I found a little chunk of something brown right by where he was sitting. Upon further investigation, it smelled stinky...poop! All he had on was a diaper and he must have pooped while sitting down because it was up the back and to the edge of his diaper. NASTY!!!! So, after that long story, you are not the only one, my friend...my child is a poop eater too (GROSS)

    ReplyDelete