Friday, February 4, 2011

The World's Largest Snow Cone

We (like the rest of America) have gotten a good amount of snow this week! Saffryn really enjoys the snow, but it has been REALLY cold. Way too cold to go play in the snow. I had seen some of my friends' blogging about bringing the snow inside to their children to play. What a good idea! Thinking about it some more Dan and I decided to take it a step further....


I had a feeling that Saffryn would want to eat the snow, so why not add flavoring to make it a little more colorful, fun and delicious :) So all three (four) of us went out on an adventure to the store to find some snow cone syrup. Well apparently that is a seasonal item (people don't want to eat snow cones in the winter...weird...hahha)...shoot! Now what? Well the lady at the store gave us the idea to make our own! So that's what we did!

We mixed Karo Syrup, water and a little bit of Jell-O together. Orange, Lemon and Raspberry...YUM!!!! Dan filled a big tub of snow for us to explore!

Saffryn "helped" me mix the syrups together so she was NOT interested in the snow....she was very very interested in the syrups! So lets get right to the chase and start drizzling our flavors on the snow!

We showed Saffryn what to do and she wanted to try!


"My turn Dad!"

Get the spoon and dip it in the syrup....then drizzle on the snow!


OOOPS!!!! Right into the mouth. hahaha. Ok so the drizzling is left to Dan and myself...


Isn't it pretty!!! Ok now time to explore the "World's Largest Snow Cone"...yay!


YUMMY!


 Yes that is me eating with her...I told you it was yummy...haha!
 She is COVERED in sticky sticky syrup
 Such a good little explorer!
 Hmm...should I put my foot in it? She never did!
 What a cutie! LOVE that face!!!!
Of course Crash had to be a part of the adventure, too! He also liked it!

Hope everyone had as much fun with the snow as we did!

1 comment: