Tuesday, February 22, 2011

28 weeks

Well I don't necessarily plan on doing a weekly update on my pregnancy but since I had a Dr. apt today I figured now is a good chance!

So my wonderful doctor got called on an ob delivery while I was waiting my turn to see her, so instead of rescheduling I just saw one of her partners. They weighed me and I gained 9 lbs in 4 weeks...yikes again! I seriously asked the nurse..."Am I gaining too much weight????" She said, "Nope. You only gained 2 lbs in your first trimester so you are just gaining weight now. Overall you have only gained 20 lbs. So don't worry too much about it right now." SHEESH!!!! Moving on.

They took my blood for my glucose test today. I'll get the results back for that soon. I meet with the Dr. and she said, "you are measuring a little big" I told her the baby looked big from my sono last week. So she pulled up the sono results and talked with me about it. First things first....his little foot looks FINE!!! They didn't see any abnormalities this time. Praise the LORD!!! I am so thankful for that! She said that is his measuring bigger than the 95%. HOLY COW! He is a BIG boy. That could mean one of three things: 1. We caught him at a growth spurt and he will slow down on his own. 2. There is something going on with me that could make him bigger...think gestational diabetes, etc....We will get the results from the blood work soon. And lastly option 3: He is just a big boy!!!! HMMM....Now we just wait! I have another apt in 2 weeks and once again should hopefully know more then. :)

Here are a couple of pictures from 28 weeks. They aren't my favorite...but they do the job!






Don't worry I haven't forgotten about Saffryn. I know I haven't blogged about her in a few weeks but I have a couple up my sleeve! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment