Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Workin' Weekend

Well I am a little behind on my blogging, which is slightly discouraging since I was doing so well in January and February. Oh well lets get to it!

My mom (Grandma Malie) came into town a couple of days ago. It was planned to be a girls weekend while the boys (Dan and my stepdad Steve...known as Papa Steve) went down to Texas with a bunch of other guys to hunt hogs. Big fires prevented them from going hunting down there so Papa Steve and my mom came out for the weekend :)

The plan was to maybe do a little shopping, play with Saffryn and come up with some ideas for Jr's room. I wasnt' sure what I wanted to do with his room so I was looking forward to some input from my highly creative mother!!! They arrived Thursday afternoon and we spent the afternoon/evening playing outside! We went to Braums and got some ice cream...yum!

Friday she took a look at Jr's room and started coming up with all these great ideas! We brainstormed together and started organizing it. We went through the closet and got it all cleaned out! Started a load of laundry with some clothes one of my friends (Thanks Erin) let me borrow and got ready to go shopping! We went to babies-r-us for: hamper, diaper genie, changing pad, video monitor (YAY), newborn diapers and hangers! We didn't see any puppy stuff for his little room so we thought we would try another store! Then we headed off to Lowes to pick up some paint swatches. While Saffryn was sleeping we left (Papa Steve stayed behind to take care of her...thanks!!!!) to do some more shopping. We had an idea of looking for: paint, a book shelf, wall decorations, a bench to go under the window, curtains, etc... We stopped at goodwill first and found a book shelf for $11!!! It was perfect! Just what we wanted. Then we went to Hobby Lobby and hit the JACKPOT!!! The bench, wall decorations, cushions and fabric for the cushions and curtains. Then Walmart for a few essentials: curtain rod, vacuum stuff and other random goodies. Then Lowes for paint...brown and orange :)

Phew!!! It was so fun. It was one of those shopping days when everything falls into place. It was great! We came back and my mom started working on the accent wall in a dark brown!

We moved all the stuff away from the wall so my mom could paint it!
 After Saffryn went to bed we started sanding and painting the shelf and bench! We chose an orange color that is so fun and bright!!!
The book shelf we got from Goodwill before we started painting!
The bench we got at Hobby Lobby before we started painting!

Saturday we continued our painting and playing! We went to lunch with Dan's mom (Karen or Gigi) and his Sister-in-Law (Aunt Meredith). It was fun and delish :) We of course showed off our hard work!!! Had a scare when we lost Crash for 30 minutes or so...turns out he was playing at a neighbor's house who were having a birthday party outside! Then RELAXED!!!! Played, ate and just enjoyed being with everyone!!!

Here is a little sneak peak of some of the wall decorations and the shelf painted orange!
Saffryn thought the shelf looked like a good place to climb...LOL!
Well Mom and Papa Steve left Sunday. It sucks to have them live so far away. But I am thankful we get to see them even as often as we do! I couldn't believe how much we got done this weekend. My mom was a serious trooper and did SO much to help me! I have a few more things I need to get done in the room then I will post pictures of the completed project! Hope you enjoyed the little sneak peak :)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE Junior's room!!!! I can't wait to meet my sweet little nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! That book shelf is amazing! I can't wait to see the final look :) Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete