Thursday, March 31, 2011

dog parks

One of the activities I was most looking forward to doing in Houston was going to the DOG PARKS!!! I know it sounds so weird, and honestly I am pretty sure Dan thinks its slightly weird how much I love that place. But it is just so fun! The dog parks down there are so amazing and I really really miss them.

Let me try to describe it a little bit for you and maybe you can see why I love it so much. First of all it is 20 acres of land. Yes 20!!!! There are lots of trees and a walking path. There is a concrete pool for the dogs to swim in. There is an obstacle course and giant mud puddles for the dogs to play with. There are benches for us humans...with shade! There are water fountains for humans and dogs. And lastly there is a little shower area where you can bathe them when they are done playing! Plus so many dogs to see and watch Crash play with!

A close up of the pool area


Here is a view of the pool and shaded benches


A view of the giant mud puddles and in the background you can see the obstacle course. Look at all those trees, too!


Crash playing in the mud puddle...FUN!

Another picture of Crash playing in the mud!

playing, playing and more playing!

Saffryn exploring the dog park! Don't worry it was super mellow that day with only a few dogs...if it had been busy she would not have been allowed to play so carelessly. She LOVED it though :)

She is my super cutie!!!!

Taking it all in.


Crash getting ready to take a swim :)
I was a little nervous about taking both of them there by myself but they were both on their BEST behavior. Crash was so responsive and listened to me so well. Saffryn loved seeing all the dogs and tried her best to catch up to them running around (of course she was no where close..she is a little bit slower than the dogs...LOL)! We all had a great time and came back tired out :) Thank you Houston for these free, wonderful places us dog lovers can go and have a good morning!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I love dog parks toooooooooo! Crash in the puddle is so cute! And don't worry, I don't think you're careless with Saffryn! haha!

    ReplyDelete