Wednesday, March 30, 2011

catching up

I am really really behind on my blogging. Actually I seem to be behind on a lot of things in my life recently, this just being one of them...LOL.

Well lets just dive right in :)

First I need to give a great big thanks to my Dad, Sister and Brother-in-Law for making it out here a couple of weekends ago!!!! The weekend of course went much too fast. But it was so so so great to see them! We relaxed, watched basketball, ate yummy food and spread sicky germs. :( That most certainly put a damper on the weekend, but was glad to see them. Saffryn really enjoyed spending time with them and eventually "showed off" for them, too!! Love you guys!!!!

After they left we actually drove down to Houston as a little family, Crash included! Dan had a work training and we decided to tag along for the week! SO glad we did. I was a little nervous about driving down there and spending a week in a new place with a one year old and a dog, but it went so wonderfully well. Saffryn was a MAJOR trooper through the whole thing! Crash gets an A++ for his behavior! I have so many pictures of different activities to show so it will be broken up in a few different blog posts!

Some of the things to look forward to: Dog park, Children's Museum, Beach, The weekend in Dallas :)

We also did some shopping...of course! We also got together with some of our past neighbors and coworkers down there. It was SUCH a blessing to see them all. All I could think about all week was how much God has spoiled us with so many wonderful people in our life! Thank you GOD!!!!!

Ok stay posted for more!

Saffryn the sleepy head on our way down to Houston :)

Dan driving us down to Houston, Texas...LOVE HIM!!!!


Not the most flattering picture, but I was trying to get a shot of me and Jr!!

Saffryn being a cutie in our hotel room :)
I also want to add that the weather was PERFECT all week for us. High 80's and sunny. SO amazing! Also want to add...how HUGE Houston is. I honestly forgot the size of that place and am slightly embarrassed to say I was so nervous about getting on the highways...LOL! But they are all 5-7 lanes with so much traffic on each lane. Have no fear as soon as I merged on it all came back to me and it wasn't too scary anymore...just a little intense :) Needless to say Andover, KS feels so small to me right now...hahahaha! What an adventure we had!!!!

1 comment: