Sunday, May 12, 2013

Ballet Recital

Saffryn had her first ballet recital this weekend. We had the dress rehearsal Friday and she was so excited to go on Saturday.




Adorable!

Well that was until we got there. In her mind we were going to do it exactly like we did at dress rehearsal. Which totally makes sense. That was not the case. You see at the dress rehearsal the kids sat in the audience WITH their mom watching the dancers until it was their turn to dance. Then they got on stage, did their dance and walked back to their moms. There was no talk of dressing rooms, or them being left by themselves so when that was announced to Saffryn when we got there she was very unnerved. It was not what she had planned for. She starting crying and didn't want me to leave her alone. I stayed as long as I could, but I had to go sit down so I could watch her.

Dan, Papa and I were SO nervous for her. When I left her she was about 2 seconds away from coming unglued. We wondered if she would burst into tears on stage or maybe leave all together. Would she even walk out? There were a lot of people in the audience and it was a lot for such a little girl. My gut told me she would be clutch and go on stage without losing it. See for yourself what happened:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6J01V_QEZk

Awesome!!!

I loved it so much!

After she was done dancing she had to go back to the dressing room with the other girls. Then they all came out for the finale.




















SO typical of Saffryn. Oh she makes me smile. And what I didn't get a picture of was her walking out to the director right before the curtain closed to ask her all of her questions. LOL!



Papa had gotten her flowers! Oh she was excited to see him!












I cannot tell you how proud I am of her. This was WAY out of her comfort zone. She was so brave and pushed through the hard. She is very determined. I love that about her. Dan and I had such a fun time seeing her do this. I have no idea if this will be something she loves long term, but she made one adorable ballerina when she was 3!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. The cutest ballerina I ever did see! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Saffryn!!!! She is so adorable and I am so proud of her for being so brave!

    ReplyDelete