Saturday, September 15, 2012

Day Five

Last day of my first week...and go!

Woke up...oh so tired
Point for kids

Colt wanted to eat while Pierce and Saffryn ate breakfast. This was the first time this happened this week!
Point for kids

Scarfed down a bowl of cereal while kids are playing
Glad to have gotten some food. Point for me!

Rushed to get dressed and clean up the boys room and living room because a photographer was coming to do Colt's pictures (see previous post)! I got it done so point for momma

When the photographer got there Colt decided he was STARVING...ha! Tried to quickly feed him so we could get the pics started.
Point for kids

Despite the photographers best efforts Colt stayed awake the whole time she was here. What a pistol...pun intended! Lol!
Point for Colt

Had a friend stop by with dinner!!! We are spoiled!
Not having to cook again, point for me! Thanks Mandie!!!

Impromptu play date and lunch date with Mandie and her sweet kiddos! Fun!
We all win! Tie

Naps for kids! Yeah!!!
Point for mom!

The photographer emails me with Colt's pictures! They are AMAZING!!! I am completely blown away. I am giddy and emotional. You would think by the third it would be old hat, but it is the most amazing thing, I think each child is unique and important. My heart is like the grinches and grows with each child we have. Wow, life is sweet!
Point for God! Lol :)

After Dan got home we ate dinner, played with the kids and got them ready for bed (and showed off Colt's pictures.). Dan fed Colt and I got to focus on the "big" kids. It was good for me to put them to bed.
Great teamwork! Point for us.

After kids were asleep Dan got us ice cream and we watched a movie together. Colt stayed asleep the whole time! We SO needed this time together!!!
Point for us

Fed Colt then went to sleep. Phew! Tie

Realized I got NO pics today. Darn!
Point for kids

So wrapping up this week with what I have learned:
-Having 3 isn't as hard as I thought but it IS just as busy...no it is BUSIER!
-Eating is a privilege not a right. HA!
-Crash is such a good and patient dog. I knew that, but it was a good reminder!
-Sleeping is great, but rocking my newborn in the middle of the night is better (and won't last forever)
-My husband is amazing. I love how involved he is in our lives.
-I am usually about 45 minutes behind "schedule" at any given time
-My friends are life savers
-It is very easy for things to fall in the cracks (thank yous I have yet to write, I think I checked the mail once this week, chores, emails I need to respond to, taking my vitamins, etc) sorry if one of these affect you!
-If you are competitive (I may be slightly so) doing a game like this is a fun way to help motivate and encourage you. There was NO way I was going to lose this week...even if I had to do some creative points! Hehe
-I LOVE my job!!!

Ok now for the totals

Mom: 6
Kids: 5

Week totals:
Mom: 31
Kids: 25

I killed it and you can, too!!! ;-)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment