Saturday, June 30, 2012

Caught Red Handed

Sometimes after lunch when the kids are playing I may try and sneak a cookie or candy for myself. It is great because they don't get I am eating a treat I don't necessarily want them to have. A few times Saffryn will ask what I'm eating and I say "nothing" as innocently as I can. Then she asks me to open my mouth which I oblige because by that time my treat is gone and I say, "see nothing!" insert my evil laugh... Hehe

Yesterday after lunch I was craving some cookies (surprise, surprise). I told Saffryn and she was excited for the treat. After they came out of the oven I told her they had to cool off and told her to go play in the living room for a few minutes. Being a good girl she followed instructions. That left me alone with the cookies fresh out of the oven. Can I just admit I have no self control...and I ate one! As I was almost done chewing I walked to the living room.

Saffryn asks, "Mom, what are you eating."
Me, "Nothing...see." I open my mouth to show her...thinking I got away with it.
Saffryn, "Well what WERE you eating?"
Me, "Nothing..." while thinking uh oh she is getting much smarter...then she says very very sweetly...
S, "Mom, was it cookies or candy?"

What the heck!?!? How did she know that?!?! She figured me out. Bahahah. Guess I have someone to hold me accountable from now on. my candy sneaking days are over...probably for my own good!

I could not stop laughing! Such a smart girl!






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: