Thursday, June 28, 2012

Some Days

Some days are just tough. Really tough.

I could tell my children are getting tired of my lack of energy this week. They have been clingy, whiny and very unpleasant to say the least. So I decided to suck it up today and go outside and do some fun things with them.

When it was time to go in I noticed a paint can had tipped over. I guess the lid was not on tight enough and some paint had spilled. Seeing the disaster I gather the kids to go inside. Saffryn runs up the stairs and into the house. Pierce was following me up the stairs. As I reach the top I turn around and low and behold pierce is not behind me.

I hear him crying...I run to him and sure enough he has fallen into the big puddle of paint. How he got there in 1.5 seconds I will never know. He was trying to get up and managed to track paint in the garage. His shoes, shorts, legs, lovey blanket, hands and somehow mouth is covered in paint.

Oh dear. How do I even begin to clean this up.

I pick up Pierce before he can track anymore paint which gets me covered in paint. I take his clothes and shoes off and throw them in the sink to soak. I then put him in the tub (not to worry no water). I then try and clean the floor in the house so we don't ruin it. Thankfully that came up easily because it was still wet.

Then I rush to the tub where Pierce is trying to get out. Get him scrubbed off. Then have to wash the tub because it is now covered in paint. Then I have to wash Saffryn's hands and arms bc she thought she was helping clean up. I wash my hands and get Pierce dried off.

Then to the clothes in the sink. I managed to salvage his lovey blanket somehow! His shorts are completely ruined. His shoes have paint on them and look very worn but are still wearable. His shirt was also saved! Then I had to wash the clothes and towels and sink.

Then I had to get the kids distracted with something so I could go outside and finish cleaning up. Then outside with towels. I wiped up as best as I could then had to throw the towels away because they were ruined...no saving them.

Phew...

That did not help with my energy. I am pooped. I am sad his shirts and my clothes got ruined. I have had a long week and tough week.

Well what is a good story without a few pictures.



Here is a little peek of Pierce in the tub. I cropped it bc his private area was out for the world to see. But imagine his whole leg, tummy, arms and face looking like that.



The stairs going into the house after I cleaned them.



The spill after clean up.



Pierce's paint shoe prints.



Last view of the paint spill and prints.


Has anyone ever told you that having children will develop your character. They make you more patient, more selfless and more loving. It is tough along the way though...really tough.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. Sheesh!! That is a LOT. I think I would have called Austin crying, begging him to come home. And that probably would have been BEFORE I had Sadie! HA! Can't imagine that mess with 2.5 year old, almost 14 month old, and 7 months pregnant! And after having contractions all night...no freaking way. All that to say...I am super impressed with your life-managing skills. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow, Super Woman! I agree with Terri, I would have called Brandon and begged for him to come deal with the mess! Kudos to you for handling it all. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't sure you could top the "Finding Cactus for Quail in Rose Petal Sauce for book club," but this certainly comes close!

    ReplyDelete