Thursday, February 2, 2012

Humbled

In the middle of my deep sleep nap (hey this preggo momma needs any sleep she can get) I am woken up by my not so quiet or tactful toddler. She has no pants or underwear on and comes into my room saying, "I need a wipe momma." The loud chatter just continues and let's face it I am CRANKY. I did not want to wake up let alone wake up to my toddler saying she had a poopy accident and needed some wipes. So I rudely get up and stomp to her room expecting to find a huge and crazy mess. But all I found was her undies on the floor with a tiny little mark on them. That tells me she was trying to hold it and had just a little come out. She had finished in the toilet. What a good girl. Well we get the underwear cleaned up and snack time started and I realized I was very rude to her.

I asked her to stop with snack because I needed to tell her something. So she stopped and I said something along the lines of I was really rude and cranky when I got woke up and I was sorry. She did the right thing coming in and didn't do anything wrong. Momma was kind of mean and I asked her to forgive me.

She sat quietly through my speech and when I was finished she looked at my face and rubbed my arm and said, "It's ok Momma."

Its hard admitting you are wrong...especially to your child. But it is so sweet having them forgive you!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love her!! And you for apologizing :) I think it takes courage to admit you're wrong to your child (or to anyone). You are teaching her a valuable lesson! Good work Tylie!

    ReplyDelete