Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pierce is 9 months

Now I remember why pregnancy feels so long....so much happens in 9 months! I feel like Pierce has been in our lives forever, but it hasn't even been a year yet!



STATS:
Weight 21 lbs 8 oz. 64th percentile
Height 28.75 inches 63 rd percentile
Wearing size 12 month clothing (though it is getting small on him).
Size 4 diapers



MISCHIEVOUS:
This boy is crazy. He can somehow spot the things he should not have and makes a beeline for them. His sister never really did that. But the worst part is when he is into something he shouldn't be and I tell him "no" in a firm voice he starts laughing!!!! He gives me this look like, "yea right mom you can't possibly be upset with me". He is such a charmer and knows it! Oh my...we are in trouble with this one!!!!



BUSY: He is so so busy. Constantly on the move! He is crawling everywhere, pulling up and cruising around furniture and pushing toys! He will not sit still for diaper or clothes changes. He does his own thing a lot, but still has the ability to annoy his sister by getting into her stuff....well what else are brothers for.



EATING: A little bit after I found out I was pregnant my milk started to dry up. I know I could have probably tried harder to keep my supply up, but Dan and I both felt like that was my body's way of telling me it could not do both. So we went all cold turkey on him and he did great! Just a few short weeks earlier he was not even taking a bottle, but in God's perfect timing he took a bottle just in time. I cannot imagine how stressful it would have been on both of us if he wouldn't take a bottle and my milk dried up!!!! He is now working on table foods, too. He loves Cheerios, most fruit, crackers, bread, beans, rice and noodles! It is fun to think that soon he will just be eating what we are!



LANGUAGE: He understands SO much now. He responds to simple commands, like come here or do you want to eat. He is signing for more. He babbles a lot. His favorite thing to say is, "a da." it is so sweet in his little voice. He also enjoys screaming in a very high pitch frequency...not my favorite. Lol!!!



OVERALL: He is a mostly sweet and happy boy. He is super easy going...but is determined and can have a stubborn streak. He loves hugs and kisses. He loves playing outside. He loves balls, remotes and wheels...boy through and through! He is sleeping through the night now and is taking 1-2 naps a day. He is so great. We are all crazy about him!

1 comment: