Saturday, February 18, 2012

It's Fun...

...to go bowling!

That is Saffryn's new catch phrase! We hear it all the time. We were bored at home a few weeks ago and really wanted to go out and "do" something with the kids. We came up with bowling. She. Loved. It!!!!!!

So she has been telling me ever since, "Mom, it's fun to go bowling." Like...hint hint. Hahah! So yesterday evening we decided to go ahead and take the kids again. And once again it was a huge success!

So first we got checked in and they gave ALL of us shoes. This was the first time she had actual bowling shoes. Last time they said she could wear socks...but it turns out they have shoes in her size! They also offered to fill out our score sheet with our names so it would be ready when we got to our lane. Needless to say they got a few names wrong...more on that in a minute! We then picked out our balls and ordered a pizza and got our shoes on.



She thought the shoes were pretty neat! I told her they were kind of slippery so she needed to be careful...well she was afraid to walk after that. LOL! Silly goose. So we practiced a little bit and she just stomped away. Once we got settled it was time for us to bowl.

I know this picture is a little blurry. It was really hard to take it with my camera phone (i forgot my other). But they spelled Saffryn's name with an I instead of  a Y...even though I spelled it out loud for them. Then I guess they thought I said Stan...and they somehow got my name right. This really cracked me up!


Here is a picture of the little miss getting her ball and getting ready to bowl. So before you get any ideas she was not strong enough to lift the ball she just walked over to it and showed me which one was ours. Then either Dan or myself carried the ball to the lane and let her roll it down to the pins. She thought it was great.


Not too long after that our pizza came. So we took turns eating pizza, drinking pink lemonade (which by the way totally hit the spot) and bowling. Saffryn was giving so many high fives and cheering for all of us. She waited patiently for her turn and really had a good night.


Don't worry I did not forget about little Pierce. He had a good time, too! He got to eat some crackers and baby yogurt while watching the world around him. Such a sweet and patient boy! Of course I have to say that I won the game with a score of 107...yippee! Dan was second place and Saffryn was close behind...hehe! Well after our game I took Saffryn to the bathroom and we passed by the go-cart track. She could not stop talking about them. So after we packed and cleaned everything up we headed over there to watch for a few minutes.

Both kids thought that was a blast!!! Saffryn kept telling us, "Maybe when I am 3 I could try the cars!" Haha. So funny. Well all the way home Saffryn said, "Mom it is SO fun to go bowling." You know something...it IS fun to go bowling!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like fun!! Ummm when did she get so big?? She looks like she is 3 in those pics:) Cute kiddos tylie and "stan" cannot wait for the next one to arrive:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! What awesome parents you and "Stan" are! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her!! And hilarious that they got your name right of all names :) And bowling is awesome!

    ReplyDelete