Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Awkward

I am almost 11 weeks pregnant. Today is my first day in maternity clothes...I could not hold out any longer! It feels so much better. But its hard because I am at that awkward stage of NOT fitting in any regular clothes, but not having that round belly that shows the world you are pregnant (and have them ask if you are having twins because you are so huge....). So you feel silly for wearing maternity clothes but I have been in sweat pants for the last 2 weeks so for my poor husbands sake I think this is the better route :)  I have a doctor's appt next week so I will probably get a belly picture then and fill in any details.

As you may have noticed from my lack of posts recently pregnancy fatigue as kicked in full force. I am hoping I only have a few more weeks of this because I am sick of going to bed at 9 and having no energy for anything extra. It is all I can do to keep all of us fed, clothed, cleaned up and safe. Besides that and needing to eat every hour or two I feel pretty good. So far this has been the easiest pregnancy I have had! So thankful for that!!!

On a completely random note I really really hate planning meals, making the shopping list, going grocery shopping, put the food away and making dinner. We really need to start saving for a personal chef...hahah! But seriously don't like that whole thing. I find it so hard and exhausting with 2 kids...it is seeming like it will be impossible with 3. Any tips would be most welcomed!

The kids are doing great. Saffryn is hilarious and so smart. However the 2 year old tantrums are still around. I know it is totally normal but that doesn't make them any less annoying or exhausting. Sometimes it helps my sanity to sing "You can't always get what you want" by the Rolling Stones...just fyi.

Pierce is so busy and mischievous! He is full of personality and sweetness. His 9 month post will be coming soon.

My husband is great and super supportive! He is so patient with me and my shenanigans. He has made several craving runs and has had to endure lonely nights while I fall fast asleep so early! Hehe. He is a saint!

Well that is a small summary of what has been going on! Hopefully more to come soon!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait for belly pics! And hang in there...only a few weeks left and hopefully your energy will return. As for the meal planning/grocery shopping...you know I hate it too, so not much advice from my end. Especially since I don't have two little ones running around (even though I am pregnant). I usually try to keep things in stock for easy meals (like tuna casserole, spaghetti and meatballs, etc) since those ingredients usually can be in the pantry or freezer for quite a while! I suppose I will have to be figuring this out in the near future once we have more kids after Sadie. Then I'll be taking tips from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you're so tired, Tylie. I look up to you so much for being an expecting mom of 2 and still taking care of everything else! Role Model!!!! I just have Lakyn and I'd be embarrassed for anyone to come to our house right now.

    As for the meals, I'm with you. I procrastinate so much when it comes to that. How often do you go to the store/plan meals? I've found that when I plan my meals and get everything for two weeks worth, it helps me out a lot. I usually sit down on Sunday evenings after Lakyn's in bed and plan out the menu for two weeks, make the grocery list, then go to the store. I like to try to go to the store after Lakyn's bedtime so I can go by myself and quickly, and Brandon can be "on duty" while I'm away. Then I make my husband help put everything away when I get home! ;) If I can't go in the evenings and I have to take Lakyn, I make sure to take a couple snacks for her to munch on while I'm shopping and she usually plays games on my phone to keep her occupied. And if need be, sometimes I'm lucky enough to be able to bribe my husband into going with me to help out!

    Also, I agree with Terri. I try to make easy meals that have things that are easy to have on hand (pastas, casseroles, soups). Also, I try to make things that have leftovers for a quick dinner or lunches later in the week. Which means less work for me! :)

    Hope some of this is helpful for you. Thinking about you and hoping your energy comes back STAT! :)

    ReplyDelete