Monday, January 30, 2012

Night Away

This weekend I spent my first night away from little Pierce...ever! One of my best friend's Terri was having a baby shower a couple of hours away. Of course I was going to go...but Dan encouraged me to stay the night there instead of trying to go and come back in one day. After a bit of thought I decided...yes I would!!!!

Of course I texted and called several times throughout the day, but I knew they were in good hands. I had such a fun time at the shower and loved getting to celebrate her and her sweet baby girl Sadie! (To read more about Terri go to her blog here ). I think it was good for both Dan and me to get away. I needed a break and to spend some time getting dressed up, eating hot meals, talking without intterruption and just enjoying my friends. Dan got a chance to be full time stay home dad for about 30 hours. He got the experience of trying to juggle taking a shower (it is tough during the day), keeping the house clean, providing healthy meals, potty times, safety and bedtimes. He did great! I came home to a clean house!!!! So impressive! Although he did great I don't think he will be trading me jobs anytime soon...hehe! "It is SO hard keeping the house clean with them awake." he told me...Oh don't I know it!!! :)

Anyway I had a great weekend and feel recharged and encouraged. I loved getting to see my friends! I loved that the kids and Dan had a good time bonding and experiencing things together. I was so glad to see the kids and think one night away was the perfect amount! Thanks Dan :)

Here is a random picture of the kids...such cuties!

2 comments:

  1. They are both so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you friend!! Thank you so much for Sadie's shower :) I loved every minute of you here!

    ReplyDelete