Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Future

You know what I really want? I want to find someone from the future who will talk to me for a bit about my children. I want to hear how they are doing 5,10,15 years from now. I want to hear, "You are doing a good job. Keep it up, this will really benefit your children years from now." Or "You need to kick this behavior now it is only going to get worse." Or "He will out grow this shortly so don't worry, too much about it." Or maybe even "Yes this is her strength. Continue to develop it...it will serve her nicely in the future." Wouldn't that be so nice?!?!

But until one of you kind readers show me how to get in touch with someone from the future who will actually talk with me, I am stuck feeling this thing out. I will continue to listen to my children's cues and respond the best I can. I will try and balance my selfish desires of taking care of my needs with my un-selfish desires of meeting my children's needs. I will try and rest in the fact that God has our back. I will remember I am a flawed human and therefore a flawed mother. I will make mistakes. This actually takes a lot of pressure off of me. God is the ultimate healer and restorer and he will take care of my children if they let him.

So in the meantime I will try and trust God myself. I will take a deep breath and ask for His guidance. I will rest in the fact that he intrusted me with the care of these awesome children. It is a precious and important job! Not an easy one mind you. It is full of questions and what ifs and am I's. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. And in the future I hope I am able to tell young moms,  "You know what...this is a hard job. But you are doing a good job. Hang in there...the things you are doing will benefit your children greatly. Most of all love them with all you have and let God take care of you. Rest in the fact that he loves you and your children dearly."

3 comments:

  1. Tylie, I am so impressed by all of you mothers out there! I read this blog post yesterday and thought it would be really great to hear if I was a Mom. I'm not, but YOU are so I'll share it with you for what it's worth. :)
    http://momastery.com/blog/2012/01/04/2011-lesson-2-dont-carpe-diem/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!! Really appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete