Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Spoken Gems


Saffryn was very excited and came inside after playing for a while and says "Mom we found TWO caterpillars outside. We named them Lizzie and Squirt. They went their separate ways after they met. They even kissed! We saw them do it!"

--------------------------------

Me: "who is ready to meet our friends for lunch?!?!"
Pierce in a very excited voice, "I am!" Then he stops and says in a very serious voice, "first I need to check out my sharp teeth." Then he ran to the bathroom and looked at his teeth. 
Okay?

--------------- 

Pierce: "Mom, can I have a blueberry muffin for breakfast?"
Colt: "Mom, can I have a greenberry muffin for breakfast?"

----------------

Colt and I were reading a Kansas State board book together. One of the pages has some of the different buildings. I went through and pointed them out. Colt looked thoughtfully at it for a moment then says, "where Captian America lives?"
Me baffled: "what do you mean? Why are you asking that?"
Colt: "well Hulk lives here (pointing to one of the buildings). Where Captian America lives?"
Me: "oooohhhh! That's Holtz Hall. Not Hulk's hall."
Bahaha sweet boy!

-----------------

Pierce brought a snail inside to show me.(my kids are super into little creatures these days). 
Me: "No no no. Bugs do not belong in my house they stay outside!"
Pierce: "Well mom it's not a bug."
Me: "well no creatures in the house. They all need to stay outside."
Pierce: "It's not a creature mom."
Me: "Okay what is it?"
Pierce in a very serious little voice: "it's a beautiful little animal."
Me: "hahaha. Okay but the only animal allowed in my house is Crash. Take that beautiful little animal OUTSIDE!!!"
Seriously what is with my kids super loving snails?!?!


No comments:

Post a Comment