Thursday, May 24, 2012

The ultimate backfire

The kids and I have been battling runny noses the last few days. Yes another cold...ugh! Well to help battle this I have been using this a lot:




What would I ever do without one of these things?!?!

Saffryn can now blow her nose, but still needs the occasional suction just to get everything. Anyway Pierce pretty much acts like you are torturing him and Saffryn tries to sit still but always ends up moving around too much. It's not a lot of fun.

So que my brilliant idea.

I will let Saffryn have a turn on my nose. I will model the appropriate behavior which should help both of them! I tell Saffryn she can have a turn and she sits so still while I do her nose so she can have a turn. This is already working out great, I think to myself. How bad could this really be? Surely my kids are just being dramatic.

So step one. Put one to two drops of saline in the nose first. This is supposed to help loosen the mucus and make it easier to suction. Saffryn gets the drops and gets about 10 in my eyes. I am wiggling around and sit up to try and help her. She says in the sweetest voice, "don't move momma." so I lay back down and she manages to find my nose and give me lets just say more than the one to two drops. That's ok. I try and be calm, push through and set a great example. After all I am stubborn and I am going to set a good example!

Step two. Squeeze the bulb while putting it in the nostril. Let go and suction out the yuckies. Saffryn takes the bulb and shoves it far in my nose. Like as far as it can go. I have never experienced something being that far in my nose. It. Really. Hurts.

So I it straight up and try and stay calm explaining that was too far in my nose. Saffryn sweetly replies, "mom you have to hold still. It's ok. We just got to get the yuckies out." hmm where do you think she heard that? So trying desperately to prove my point and set the example I lie down again.

Again she jams the bulb in my nose. Again I wiggle around in pain. After another round of this I exclaim..."You got them all! Good job." I would have said or done anything to end the pain! She seemed satisfied and proud and we put the things away.

I am seriously laughing as I type this. This is one of the few times in my life that I wish I was on a reality show so that could have been filmed. I would have loved to have seen that! Here I was trying to be a good model only to have wiggled and screamed out in pain maybe more than the kids. Hahaha...seriously!


Can we say BLONDE MOMENT! Hope you enjoyed a little chuckle. Also, never under any circumstance let your children suction your nose...you will not set a good example, and will probably end up in a lot of pain!!!






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

  1. I am laughing so hard right now! Thanks for the morning laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing out loud!! That was so funny!!! You have to admit, that idea/concept was good on your behalf though:) Love you and all your great mom moments!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh this is so funny. I totally tried that idea once...let's just say your re-count is dead on. HA!

    ReplyDelete