Wednesday, May 9, 2012

NYC Day 1

My husband and his family have taken several hunting "boys" trips over the last year or two, so his generous parents decided it was time to plan a girls trip! They planned a trip for us to go to...New York City!!!!

I know!!!!!

I'm sure you would like to see pictures and hear how the trip went...am I right?!?!

Ok...if you twist my arm. Here is day one:

ARRIVE:
We got into the city around lunch time. Checked into the hotel and dropped off our bags.

STREET VENDOR:
I was really excited about getting a hot dog from a street vendor. Lol. I know that might seem strange but it seemed like a very New York thing to do. Plus...who doesn't love hot dogs?






We stopped at the first one we saw and I got myself a hot dog!!!





And it was SO yummy!


ROCKEFELLER CENTER:
We then walked to Rockefeller Center. It was so weird to see it in person. It kind of felt surreal....like are we really here? But we were! All I could think about was how amazing this place must look in November and December.





The 4 "sisters" at Rockefeller Center!





Mom and daughters!

We found a cute little restaurant and ate the most delicious lunch! It was fun sitting, people watching and just trying to take in the fact that we are in NYC!

EMPIRE STATE BUILDING:
After lunch we decided to walk to the Empire State building. We saw the Chrysler Building (which I mistakenly thought was the empire state building...oops!). We saw the public library...which was huge! Long story short we did the "fast track" to the top...which are not too sure if it was actually any faster! Anyway being at the top was SO amazing! Def worth the wait!





All the girls in front of the public library!





At the top.





Huge city!





Mom and daughters in law!





Meredith and me at the top!

TIMES SQUARE:
After we spent some time at the top we decided to head to Times Square...of course we had to make a small pit stop to get a snack and a drink! Then we were there! I have to say it is much more impressive at night with all the lights. During the day it is fun still, but just doesn't have the same feel. We stopped at the M&M store while we were there. Fun!





Times Square!





Times Square!

DINNER:
After that we were pretty pooped (ok I was pretty pooped) so we headed back to the hotel and checked in. After a bit of confusion we were able to get our rooms and take a quick break. We then got dressed and walked to a local Italian restaurant. It was so good! It was also fun to be in a more residential area and get a whole new feel to the city!





Becca and me at dinner!






Abbie, Becca and me at dinner!

After dinner we walked back to the hotel and had drinks and just talked (a group of women talking....you are so surprised right?!?). And that was a really fun part of the day. Just unwinding and enjoying each other's company!

After that we went to bed! Stay tuned for day 2!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: