Thursday, November 26, 2015

Biggest Splash

There is a stream behind my in laws house. The kids love throwing rocks into it and collecting sticks to go fishing in the stream. The other morning the boys were getting rocks and throwing them in to see  who could get the biggest splash. Without warning Colt got too close lost his balance and fell in. The stream is a couple of feet deep and he went completely under. I ran over to him and he popped up and climbed out all on his own! I was so proud of him. It was chilly outside and the water was cold. Poor baby. And like any good mother I snapped a quick picture before caring for him. 
We got inside and into a warm bath and we talked about the experience. After discussing why it's important to be careful and not get too close he gets quiet. Then, he says in a very serious voice, "I was the biggest splash."  

Haha. Yes. Yes you were. But let's not do that again!

2 comments:

  1. too funny. I totally would have documented first too! Love that he was the biggest splash. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How scary but I LOL'd at his "I was the biggest splash " announcement hahahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete