Friday, November 20, 2015

Spoken Gems

While we were outside Saffryn came up to me all excited and said: "Mom, wouldn't it be fun if we were sisters? What if we were sisters and fairies were real. Then we could catch one together and ask our parents for a jar. Then we would be all like 'oh how cute we got fairies in a jar!"

-----------------

After playing the Kinect with the kids for a bit:
Me: "Why is it so hot down here? Is it just me?"
S: "You did too much mom. You have old bones."

-----------------

Pierce was looking at Saffryn's jewelry box and brought this necklace to me: "Is this your necklace mom?"
Me: "No, it's Saffryns."
Colt: "You too old for it???"

-----------------

We were talking about how to be uplifting and build others up. We spent a few minutes sharing what we liked about each other. Then, Pierce says: "I know something I like about myself." Dan and I were so excited. That is so great! I was so eager to hear what he had to say and see his self esteem be built up. So we say, "what?"
Pierce completely serious, "I really like these sharp teeth" points to his incisors "Because I can kill bad guys with them."
Uhhhh. Okay. 

-------------------

While listening to the radio a song comes on and Colt asks: "Is this The Beatles or just regular people?" 
Regular people. Who can be bothered with them?!?! Hahaha!!!!

------------------

Pierce got a tramp stuffed animal (from Lady and The Tramp). 
Us, "Wow that's a great gift!"
Pierce, "Yea and I know what I'm going to name him! Bit&#!!!"
Dan and I are both laughing and caught off guard, "what???"
Pierce hesitantly now, "Bit$#"
Us: "What? Where did you learn that name?"
Pierce confused, "It's what they call him in the movie."
Huh?!?? 
Us: "Oh do you mean Pidge? I think they call lady Pidge. But that was a nickname for the girl dog."
Pierce so relieved, "Ya! But I still like the name for him. I will call him Pitch!"
Well, Pitch is better than the alternative! Haha

Hilarious kids!

1 comment: