Monday, July 14, 2014

Play dough

After lunch the kids were literally begging me to do a project with them. The tired we just moved and my whole life is a project right now side of me said, "no". Then Pierce in his sweet little voice said, "please mom. I really want to do a project." And to be fair we haven't done anything in a while. Of course they want to. But I don't have that many materials right now. We couldn't move a lot of the already opened art supplies and my brain is just kind of shut down in the creativity department. 

So I start looking through the cupboards and found I had the right materials to make play dough. Okay! Super easy. I can do that!

After I made it I realized I didn't have any food coloring. Well I could have just left the play dough white and it would have been fine. But I didn't want fine. I wanted something to really give them their project fix. So I rummaged through the cupboards some more and decided to make smelly dough. 


Cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg. Let's experiment and see if we can get the dough to smell good. 


Saffryn helped me add the ingredients. And it worked! They smelled amazing. My favorite was vanilla. Pierce told me he thought it smelled like cookies. 


Colt couldn't help himself and just had to taste it. Lol. But he found out very quickly it didn't taste as good as it smelled. 

The kids played quietly and cooperatively for AN HOUR!!!

Whoa! 

That was a good reminder to me that a lot of my children's behavior "issues" are coming from boredom. 

We had a good time today. I may be ready to start my creative juices flowing again. Yay for a new normal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment