Thursday, January 24, 2013

New Tactic

So the whole "putting Colt in his crib and sharing a room with Pierce" thing didn't quite work out for us. I think in time it will. But Colt still wakes up at night and can have a hard time getting settled down for the night. It really stressed Pierce out to have us coming in and out and having Colt cry. The boys would just feed off of each other and took a LONG time for them to both fall asleep.

So we instead put Colt in a pack n play in the living room! LOL! We are just slowly moving him across the house. This is great because he is learning to sleep by himself but isn't waking (or getting awoken by) the other kids.

He is doing really well in it so far. He has been going to sleep between 7-8pm. He sometime stirs a few times wanting his binky but sometimes sleeps until his nightly feeding. He then wakes up once between 12-3 (every night is different) to eat then goes straight back to the pack n play. Then he wakes for the day about 6am. Not too bad!

I was ready to kick this kid out of our room but now that he is gone I have really been missing him! LOL. I know. I am seriously ridiculous. But I love all the baby cuddles and it makes me a tad sad to know he is growing up and away from needing to sleep with me. It just goes so fast. BUT it is really nice to be getting sleep. :)

In a few months we will try putting the boys together again!

Until then...


No comments:

Post a Comment