Wednesday, January 30, 2013

5 Months Old

This guy is 5 months old!



Here is what he is up to:

MILESTONES:
He is working on sitting up! He is still a bit wobbly but is really doing well!
He is interested in toys and can grab them and put them in his mouth.
In fact he puts EVERYTHING in his mouth including my hair, his fingers, his clothes or blankets...

EATING:
He is still only breast feeding. Still on a no dairy diet. He eats about every 2 hours during the day and can go longer stretches at night. I am in no hurry to start solids and may wait another month or maybe even 2. He is obviously getting plenty to eat and I just want his tummy to have a chance to grow and hopefully grow out of this dairy intolerance thing.




SLEEPING:
We were making some good progress on the sleep issue. Then he got a head old. Now he is waking often and needing to be with his momma. Once he is feeling better we will hopefully see improvements on this again. Also he is an incredibly light sleeper. I am thinking that might be why the boys had a hard time sharing. Colt wakes up at the slightest noise and has since he was little little. It is so weird to me because no one else in our family is a light sleeper.





LIKES:
He loves his siblings. He likes to be talked to and have attention. He loves to jump in his exersaucer. He likes when I sing to him. He likes when daddy rough plays with him (I mean seriously at 5 months?!?! Do boys really just come out ready to wrestle???).

DISLIKES:
He hates being by himself. He hates when he sees the big kids run off and leave him (motivation to crawl maybe?). Hates sleeping in his crib...or maybe just away from mommy.




OVERALL:
He is my sweet and sensitive boy. He is so easy to make smile and laugh. He can brighten up a room. Last night as he was crying and having trouble sleeping I brought him into my bed and layed down next to him and he opened his eyes saw me and gave me THE BIGGEST smile ever. Then he dozed off to sleep. Melted my heart. Which was needed considering he was up every 2 hours after that. LOL!



He is my special boy! We all love him so dearly and feel blessed to have him in our family!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. He is so handsome!! Can he really be FIVE months??? Here is a prayer for him to get better fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love him so much! He is so sweet. I kind of think he might look more like Saffryn but I can't decide

    ReplyDelete