Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Keys. Loud.

A while ago we got a veggie tales sing along cd as a gift for the kids. We thought we would try it out while driving around and the kids immediately LOVED it. We have since gotten a few more super cheesy praise and worship kids cds. Dan and I feel really cool rocking out to "Jesus Loves Me" sung by elementary kids while driving around. However, if one or both of the kids are throwing a tantrum we turn on the kids music they calm down and sing along. We call that a win.

So the other day the kids music finished up and another cd came on. The Black Keys to be exact.
Saffryn: "Mom, can we have the kids music again."
Me: "Ok." I then lean over to push the button to change it back.
Pierce: "NO!!!"
Me: "You don't want me to change it? You like the Black Keys?"
P: "huh ho."

YES!!!! Needless to say we listened to The Black Keys instead :)

A few days later we were all back in the car and I was telling Dan the story. I wanted to make sure it wasn't a fluke so I again turned on The Black Keys and asked Pierce if he likes The Black Keys.
P:"Keys"
Me: "You like them?"
P: "Keys. Loud."
Me: "Oh is it to loud?." I reach to turn it down.
P: "NO!!! Keys. Loud."
Me: "Oh you want The Black Keys louder???"
P: "Huh ho."

I turn it up and Pierce starts nodding his head totally rocking out.

This kid is going places!

No comments:

Post a Comment