Saturday, March 17, 2012

Run For Your Life

One of Dan and I's favorite new shows is The Walking Dead. I would say it is a cross between 90210 and Zombie/Armageddon. It is so good! We have only finished season 1 so please no spoilers!!! Does it surprise you that I like Zombie stuff? LOL!!! I know it may seem out of character but they are just fun. Zombie things can either be super cheesy and hilarious or they can be creepy and intense and I love that. Dan and I love to watch and plan out our Zombie Armageddon plans :)

So a couple of weeks ago while reading through some magazines my friend always gives me (thanks friend...you know who you are!!!) I found the most awesome 5k race.....EVER!

So imagine running a 5k. Then add some intense obstacles. Sound fun? Well its not over yet....then add ZOMBIES chasing you!!!! I KNOW!!!! It is basically the most awesome thing I have ever seen. So you wear flags around your waist as you run this course all the while Zombies are chasing you and trying to grab your flags! If you finish with your flags you survive the Armageddon. If you get your flags taken you are now a zombie. SO FUN!!!!

Check it out HERE !!!

I am kind of disappointed because the only date that could even possibly work for us (remember I am having a baby sometime in September) would be in Austin in December. But after some serious talking and planning about it I just don't think it is going to work. For one reason I will still be nursing every couple of hours so that makes it kind of tricky. It would be a long drive and trip. We don't have any family or friends in Austin right now so who would watch our kids so we could go (I don't want my kids to witness it...may be a bit traumatic to see mom and dad being chased by creepy people). Also...I JUST HAD A BABY..ya might want a little more time to prepare physically.

So I am really really hoping they have some dates in 2013. That would give me a chance to get back into shape. Get my kids (especially baby 3) even more time to get into a schedule and maybe take a bottle. Also we may be able to choose a city closer with family near by who could help watch the kids for us.

So anyway...that was the 5k I was talking about. If you have ANY interest in joining us in 2013 let us know!!! We would love to have company in surviving the Apocalypse :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG that sounds awesome!!! I've seen that show once at a friends house and it was pretty good. A zombie 5K sounds amazingly fun!! And more motivation to go faster with creepers chasing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I'd only finish the race because some scary zombie-thing was chasing me. What a fantastic idea for a 5k. I'm actually considering coming down and joining you on this. I'm looking forward to doing some running after the baby comes!

    ReplyDelete