Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Coming together

So yesterday Dan and I did some serious baby name talking. We sat down and wrote out any name we liked or was considering. That came to about 15 names between the two of us. We then decided to score the names using different categories. We got this idea from a baby name book. We used 10 categories. They include: goes with last name, namesake, nicknames, initials, spelling, pronounciation...and a few more. You score each name in each category, using the scale 0-3. Zero if you think it scores low in that category, 3 if you think its great. After you are done you add up the total scores, with 60 being the highest any name could get. (Side note...I know this sounds like a lot of work and it was. Maybe it even sounds a little crazy. LOL. Oh well). So we did that and had 4 names score 50 or higher. We evaluated those 4 names and.....PICKED ONE!


I am SO SO SO excited! I think the name is perfect! It was just what I was looking for. A strong masculine name that isn't too common! YAY :) Now I just need to keep it to myself for a few months...LOL...we'll see how that goes!


Anyway we have slowly been trying to get ready for this baby. I know we still have time, but it feels good to get started! Here are a few things we have done this week:

We have moved the rocking chair out of Saffryn's room. She really doesn't use it that much anymore, so we decided to start changing her room to a toddler room! I can't wait to do so many crafts, projects, puzzles, reading and other fun things on this table! She loves this table and chair set!
Another view of Saffryn's room. I know the wood doesn't match, but honestly Saffryn does not care, so I guess I don't either :)

This book shelf used to be full of blankets and baby toys...now look at it! It is full of big girl toys and lots and lots of books! She is growing up!

We moved the rocking chair into Jr's room. Here is a view of his room. We moved out the two twin beds that were in there. We still need to buy a crib, bedding and decorations...but hey its a start right?!?! LOL
Another view of Jr's room.
Here are a few of the goodies we have gotten him so far. The elephant was a gift from Papa and Gigi!!! The two dog statues are from Me and Dan. We got them after we found out we were having a boy. The train was mine when I was a baby! Can't wait to fill this room up with more :)



YAY! Its a boy :)

21 1/2 weeks along! I am showing much faster this time around! Dan and I also notice I am carrying differently with this one...what do you think...if you can tell in pictures???

21 1/2 weeks!


Well as you can see things are slowly coming together!!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Great name-picking strategy! I can see Liam's engineering mind appreciating that strategy some day. Will have to keep it in mind!

    The rooms are coming along well!! Also. You're looking GREAT!

    ReplyDelete