Monday, January 24, 2011

24 weeks

Well I think its about time I update about the little Mr. who is growing and growing :)

I am 24 weeks this week. I have been feeling and seeing him move around!!! Dan has gotten to feel him and see him, too. It is so fun. I think besides the massive weight gain and body hurting the third trimester is my favorite. I love feeling the baby move so much and getting things ready for them. It finally feels real :) I am only 3 weeks away from my third trimester and am SO ready for it. Lots of people have told me that their 2nd (and 3rd) pregnancies go by so fast....ugh not MINE! I honestly feel like this has felt much longer than the first one...yes I have a major problem with patience :)

I had a Dr. apt last week and found out a few things. Thing 1: I have gained 10 lbs in 5 weeks...YIKES! I feel so huge already and I still have 16 weeks left. UH OH. The nurse was so sweet and acted like it wasn't a big deal...she even complimented me (do you see why I love this place)! Thing 2: On our sonogram we had in December they say his right foot and leg was (or looked to be) inverted, which could mean a clubfoot. We are going to have another sono in a few weeks to see how it is doing. The Dr. said sometimes it can work itself out. If it doesn't we wait until after delivery to see what we want to do. My dad is an orthopedic technician (works with an orthopedic surgeon and sees club foot patients often) and he said that 95% of club foot patients can be fixed with casting and does not need surgery. So we will learn more in a few weeks. A little side not: Dan actually was born with the same thing on both feet...hmmm maybe genetic????

Of course we don't want our sweet little boy to have to go through anything, but I am thankful that it is something that is fairly common and somewhat easily treatable.

Here are some pictures of me at 24 weeks! Enjoy :)


I know the last one is a bit blurry...sorry!

1 comment:

  1. You look amazing!! I was just wondering when the heck you were going to update this thing! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete