Thursday, June 30, 2016

From Head to Toe

My dear darling Pierce,

I love you from the top of your dirty blond hair that you love to style different ways to be expressive
Down to your thoughts and feelings that you reserve and keep secretly locked away until you are ready to share
I love you from your bright blue eyes
Down to your slightly upturned nose (you got from me) that is covered with freckles (from your dad)
I love you from your smile that lights up a room
Down to your heart so full of love and tenderness. You are always the first one Max looks for when away from mommy because he trusts you so much 
 
love you from your body that still longs to be close to your loveys and brings them everywhere 

Down to your hands that create such profound and inspiring pieces of art

I love you from your skin that is so very sensitive and fair


Down to your feet. Feet that are growing bigger and bigger by the day and remind me that you will not always be this small, but someday you will be a big, tall grown up man!


I love how much you enjoy space. I love that you have a favorite planet. I love that you are so nurturing and enjoy babies of every kind of animal. I love how confident you are and how much you just own what you like. I love that I can still get you to take naps. I love that you are a deep thinker and feeler like your dad. 

Son, you are truly something special. 

Love,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment