Saturday, June 25, 2016

From Head to Toe

My sweet, sweet Saffryn,

I love you from the top of your sun streaked hair
That has caused you so much grief but we are learning together how to tame it 
Down to your thoughtful deep blue eyes that never seem to miss anything 
 
I love you from your dainty nose down to your soft pink lips. You have such a lovely, feminine face

I love you from your teeth that have already had several trips to the dentist and orthodontist
Down to your skin that catches and holds summer sun
I love you from your heart that has so much compassion for animals and people
Down to your hands that still hold special bunny so tight
But recently made some new friends, too
I love you from your long athletic legs that help your run so fast
Down to your feet that help you jump so high and swim so well

I love that you are so eager to help me. I love that you hate being by yourself (a trait you inherited from me). I love that you are my only girl. I love that you are equal parts girly and tomboy. I love that you are a rule follower. I love that you like to be proper. 

Your name means: a rare and precious spice. And truly that's what you are to us: rare and precious with just enough spice to keep things interesting. 

You my dear are one of a kind!

Love,
Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment