Friday, December 18, 2015

Movie Marathon

There will be absolutely no spoilers in this blog. I love surprises way too much to ruin it for someone else. But there has been so much curiosity about our Star Wars movie marathon I figured I better write a post! Haha!!!!

My husband is a GIANT Star Wars nerd...I mean fan. :)

He has known for a long time episode 7 was coming out. He had read every possible review and article, any pod cast or blog related to this movie for well over a year. He was so excited about its release. 

A few months ago we found out that some movie theaters around the country were going to show all 6 episodes prior to the opening of episode 7. So we looked into it and saw our movie theater being one of them! Dan asked a few friends and we got our tickets (which was a crazy process!). They were $50 a person for all 7 episodes. Dan's dad graciously offered to watch all four kids ALL day and night so we could go together! Thank you papa!!!!

The first movie started at 4am. We woke up at 2:45 so we could get there before the doors opened at 3:30. There was a long line by the time we got there. Dan's friends were hardcore and camped out the night before and got us awesome seats. We are so spoiled!!!!
We look pretty alert for 3am!

Once we got inside the theater they gave us lanyards to wear for the day so we didn't have to keep track of our tickets and could easily go in and out of the theater. 
Uber nerds I tell ya. 

Movie one started at 4am. I had plenty of energy for this movie and felt great! After the movie we had a 10 minute break to potty and get concessions (they had donuts and coffee along with their normal food. Woo!!!) 
After episode 1. 

Episode 2 started around 6am. Midway through that movie my eyes got very heavy! I caught myself dosing for a few minutes. Oops! All said I think I slept for 10 minutes so not too bad. After the movie we had another 10 minute break then it was episode 3. That was a great one! I don't let my kids watch that one because I think it's too scary so that means I haven't seen that one in a while. I couldn't even remember all of it so it felt so new and fresh! I was wide awake and was having fun!

After the movie was done we had another 10 minute break (and lots of food for the next movie. The restaurant in the theater opened then and served awesome food). Then we started episode 4. Also really fun! I love the old one and got a kick out of people getting excited about watching this one. 

After another 10 minute break we started episode 5 and I started hitting a wall. It's a long time to sit in one of those chairs! I couldn't get comfortable. I was so fidgety. I'm pretty sure I moved around more than the child sitting in front of me! And it's a long time to be quiet!!! I love to talk. So that was getting hard too!

We had another 10 minute break and watched episode 6. People were getting eager for episode 7! It was fun to feel the energy start to build. It was impossible to get comfortable and I kept telling myself I just had to make it through this movie and then I could ride off of adrenaline again. Hahah!

We then had a thirty minute break. We got 3D glasses bc our episode 7 was in 3D. Not my favorite option but that is what the marathon offered. So that is what we got! We stayed in the same theater and same seats the whole day!
During this 30 minute break everyone got serious and made sure to go to the bathroom and have all snacks ready to go because nobody wanted to miss one second of the new movie! Episode 7 started at 7:15 and ended around 9:20 I think. So we were at the theater from 3:30am-9:30pm. 18 full hours of Star Wars. 

It was such a fun experience. It was a LOT of Star Wars. Haha. But it was fun! The movie theater was well equipped for the marathon watchers and were so friendly and fun! The crowd of people (150 or so) were so fun! Lots of clapping and cheering throughout the day. Lots of friendly and relaxed people. That was really great! There were people dressed up. We had a few storm troopers, Darth vador, Leia and Jedi Knights. 

I initially went to this for Dan because I knew it would mean a lot to him. I enjoy Star Wars but am not to the same level of fandom as he is. But, if I am being honest it ended up being really fun and I would willingly do it again for episode 8!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment