Saturday, November 16, 2013

We Picked A Name

We did it!!!

We picked baby Mahoney #4's name!

In the past we have kept the name a secret until the birth. There is no deep and meaningful reason why we are choosing to share this time. It is actually very simple. The truth is it takes a LOT of mental energy to keep the name a secret and I have NO mental energy to spare! Ha! it has gotten harder for me each pregnancy. So this time I decided to share once we decided the name.

So without further ado...






A sweet picture of the baby! I got this frame from my MOPS group. Isn't it so sweet.



I know, I know. How mean. You wanted the name....





It starts with the letter M....

Ha!!!

This is fun!

Alright, already. Enough with the shenanigans...





His name is:

MAX STEVEN MAHONEY

I am so excited!!! It is the perfect name for him!


Our tradition is to use a family name as the middle name. Dan's family did this and we love that tradition, so each of our children have a family name as their middle name (Mary, James and Darren). What a great way to honor and recognize special people in our life. We have 2 special Stevens in our life and it was an easy choice for the middle name!

We have told the kids the name and it has been so fun! I took them to Hobby Lobby tonight to pick out the letters and Saffryn just loved it. When we got home she said, "Mom, where is Max going to sleep when he comes out of your tummy?" It brought tears to my eyes to hear her call him by name. This is such new territory for us as we never told the kids the name before (and they were younger). It is truly special.

Baby Max we are all excited to meet you! We will be spending the next 20 weeks preparing for you, so there is no rush to make your appearance. Just know you are deeply loved!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. Aw I am glad you shared! Now you will receive all sorts of personalized gifts!! Beautiful name. You are so blessed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Sweet and simple. I am not one for over complicated names. :) You know like Leighton. HA! But I do really love that!!

    ReplyDelete