Monday, November 11, 2013

Saffryn's Birthday

Can you believe we are celebrating Saffryn's FOURTH birthday!

This year we decided on a small birthday party with a handful of her preschool friends. She actually first told me she wanted a surprise party. I was SO nervous about planning her a big surprise because she is not a person who likes to be caught off gaurd. But for weeks she insisted that it was a surprise that she wanted. So I started planning a small surprise party for her. As it got closer she started getting a little anxious about the surprise and wanted me to answer all kinds of questions. I explained that I couldn't answer those if she wanted a surprise party. She thought about it and decided maybe a surprise party wasn't what she wanted. I could not have been more relieved! LOL!

So to have a small surprise she and Pierce stayed the night at Papa and Gigi's house before the party. When she got here in the morning the house was decorated and ready for her party!













When her friends got there we played a few preschool games. It was fun and helped the kids warm up! We decided this year would be a good time for parents to drop the kids off. It helped kep the party small and gave the kids a different experience. So a game was very needed for a few of the kids!

After the games we went to the kitchen and the kids got to make their own pizza's!










They each had 2 English muffins the got to put sauce, cheese and a few other toppings of their choice on them. We broiled it and ate them up! The kids did so well and really enjoyed it.

After the pizza's we had a make your own cupcake bar!



Frosting, sprinkles, decorative icings...what more could a kid want (except maybe more sugar)??? Again, the kids did great with it. I was so happy to see what a they came up with.











We sang happy birthday to the special girl and they got to eat up.

After everyone got cleaned up we opened gifts and played duck, duck, goose and hide and seek!!! Then parents came to pick the kids up.

What a fun party!

Thanks to Papa, Gigi and Aunt Abbie for watching my little boys so Dan and I could focus on the preschoolers!!!

*I purposely didn't put any pictures up of the other children so that's why the photos are a bit limited. Trust me...we all had a great time :)

Happy Birthday sweet little Saffryn!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment