Monday, November 11, 2013

Real Life

While I was writing the last post I published my children were playing downstairs quietly together. I hit publish and put my ipad away filled to the brim with warm fuzzy feelings.

I started walking downstairs when it hit me.

The gaint wall of stench.

It seemed to get stronger as I make my way downstairs. I see my children congregating in the bathroom. The smell is now so strong I can barely breath.

Warm fuzzies gone. Very gone.

Pierce is standing there naked. Poop covering his legs and hands. Saffryn says, "Mom, Pierce pooped in his pants."
Me: "Pierce why did you take off your diaper? Where is your poopy diaper?"
Saffryn, "Mom he wasnt wearing a diaper. He pooped in his pants."

WHAT????

When we got home from grocery shopping he had changed into comfy pants. I didn't think anything of it not realizing he took his diaper off then and was going commando for the day.

I carefully picked him up trying not to get poop on me and took him upstairs to give him a bath and clean him up. And who do I see lovingly following me? Sweet little Colt. What do I see following him?

Poop footprints.

He had somehow stepped in some in his NEW shoes I might add and tracked it literally all over the house.

Well after 2 baths, 2 bathrooms cleaned, footprints cleaned up, one load of laundry, windows open, candle lit and some hosing down a pair of new shoes we are good to go.

And that is real life. At least my real life.

You're welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Oooo so sorry. I hate that huge swing from warm fuzzy happy feeling to "I think I'm going to literally lose my mind!"

    ReplyDelete