Monday, December 31, 2012

One Year Ago

Exactly one year ago I found out I was pregnant. I stared at that word "pregnant" on the test stick for a long time. I truly could not believe it. Am I really?!?! 3 children. 3 children under the age of 3. How do I explain that feeling of shock.

But 1 year later I sit here with my 3rd child and my heart is over flowing with joy and love. He is so perfect. We are all so in love with him. 2012 was a good year for us. During this year we got to welcome our son Colt Darren.

Having 3 children makes life very busy. Sometimes chaotic (who am I kidding all the time chaotic). But having 3 children is the biggest and best blessing God has given me. They challenge me to be a better person: more patient, more kind, more selfless. I love seeing the world through their eyes. I have found my true calling and I will forever be grateful that I got to experience raising them.

Dan and I literally cannot remember what life was like without them. Yes, somedays we dream of sleeping in and eating hot meals. We long for quite moments to relax. But we are continually encouraged by friends and family. We are encouraged by a God who loves us. We see their precious lives and are honored that we are trusted with them.

These children are something special. Each one of them. They are all unique and dearly loved. I didn't know 1 year ago what to expect. I had no idea the fun and joy that awaited me. The sweet eyes and the chubby cheeks that I would get to love. One year ago my life changed for the better.


No comments:

Post a Comment