Saturday, August 18, 2012

What A Week

I am currently 38 weeks pregnant!!! The last 7 days have been a serious emotional rollar coaster. Let me give you a brief update!

Friday Aug 10th-Had my 37 week OB appointment. Found out little boy was still breech and setup an aversion for Tuesday Aug 14th.

Tuesday Aug 14th- Went to the hospital only to find out he had turned on his own! I NEVER even felt it or knew he had turned. Read the whole story here!!!

Wednesday Aug 15th-Around 4:30 pm I started having some pretty strong contractions that came every 4-5 minutes. After several hours of them staying and feeling pretty strong we decide to head to the birth care center. I felt really sick to my stomach and really thought this was the real deal. Dropped the kids of with my in-laws and some friends picked up Crash for us. Got checked in and they checked to see what I was dilated at. And I was dilated to a...wait for it....1. And the contractions basically stop. After an hour of no progress we get sent home.

Friday Aug 17th-Around 10:30 am I have my 38 week OB appointment. The doctor checked me and I have dilated to a 3!!! The head is definetely down and low in my pelvis. Phew!!! She said she wouldn't be surprised if he made his appearance this weekend because I had made such a huge change in just a day!

Friday Aug 17th-Around 3pm I start having contractions about 5 min apart. They are fairly strong but I knew they needed to get stronger. Dan came home and we took the kids on a long walk. The contractions started coming every 3-5 min and started getting stronger. We feed the kids, pack up the car and decide to just go for one more walk. I did NOT want a repeat of Wednesday night. Well about 8:45 my contractions start to slow down. By 9pm they were basically gone. I put the kids to bed and basically went to bed myself. I was very discouraged and tired.

That brings us to today! I woke up bright and early at 4:45 and could not go back to sleep. I have had a few contractions here and there but nothing steady yet.

This boy is T-R-O-U-B-L-E!!!!

I think I am going to have my hands full with this one. Well I just keep reminding myself that he will have a birthday one way or another. LOL.


Here I am at 38 weeks! It was a cool rainy morning today so I opted for long sleeves and a scarf! My friend actually made this scarf for me! She is super talented. Check out her blog here !

Well now we are playing waiting game. I have the car packed still. My house is basically clean. I am giong to finish some laundry and maybe vaccuum the livingroom. Otherwise I am just going to hang out and see when this little guy decides to come!

Lets cross our fingers for soon. :)

1 comment:

  1. I feel for you I do. I am a SLOW starter. With my daughter my body did that to me for 2 weeks. With my son 12 weeks. (not even kidding)-his was worse especially when you go into the hospital like that and they send you home. But once my body hit transition it was game on and over in 1 hour. Hope he comes soon! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete