Sunday, August 26, 2012

39 Weeks

Well here I am 7 days later and baby boy is staying strong. I can hardly believe it!



I had my 39 week check up on Thursday and everything looks fine and healthy. I haven't gained any weight the last several weeks which is a new thing for me. LOL!!! I am measuring a tiny bit small, which again is a new thing for me. She checked me and I have made NO progress from my last appt. We were both surprised by this considering I am having contractions....all....day...long.

Side Note---Let's talk about these contractions shall we?!?! Since about last Friday when I had that long stretch of strong contractions I have been having contractions ranging anywhere from 3-25 minutes apart all day (and some nights) long. They are also ranging in intensity. Some are pretty manageable and I am able to ignore them, others are downright painful. They just wont ever get on a 3-5 minute pattern any longer than an hour. SO WEIRD!!!

Anyway back to the appt. She was pretty surprised and doesn't know why my body is being so difficult. She then asked me if we want to talk about inducing next week. I was honestly a little hesitant. Part of me of course just wants to be done, but I know I COULD wait another week or more to see what he does. I felt a little selfish for wanting to say yes. I relayed this information to her and she just said pretty bluntly, "After the last few weeks you have been through with this baby, lets just go ahead and get him out." I felt a huge amount of relief. I swear she always knows exactly what to say to make me feel at ease. So I said, "OKAY. If you feel good about it then I will, too." She smiled and said, "Honestly if I were in your shoes that is what I would do." So we scheduled an induction for Tuesday, August 28th. A few days before my due date!!!!

In other related news I am having the weirdest symptoms with this pregnancy that I did not have with the other ones.

1. I am SO clumsy. I have broken several dishes around the house. I am two seconds from tripping every time I walk around. I have ran into more things and gotten more bruises this pregnancy than I ever have. (which considering how ungraceful I am on a normal basis is saying something)!

2. My brain does not work. Like at all. I have heard about people have "pregnancy brain" but this is the first time I have full fledged experienced it. There are lots of times when my mind is a complete blank. There have been times when Dan and I were having a serious or thoughtful conversation and he will ask me to elaborate on an opinion and I just sit there dumbfounded. I literally cannot think of anything. HAHAH!

3. I have had some serious dreams with this pregnancy. They have been REALLY vivid. For several weeks they were all scary dreams. The last week though I have had a dream about labor every single night only to wake up still pregnant. LOL.

4. I have had hardly no heartburn or back pain. This is not a complaint more like a wooo! With Pierce I had bad both so this has been a very welcomed change :)

Saffryn wanted to give baby brother some stickers...HA!
Also I just really want to thank my AH-MAH-ZING mother-in-law Karen for all her help this last week. She has dropped literally EVERYTHING to be available to me and the kids. She made dinner for us every night this last week. She watched the kids for me, she took us to the zoo, she took us swimming. She has been such a huge help keeping my mind off of the waiting! She has been so encouraging and of course gave my kids the extra love and attention that I cannot seem to give them right now. What would I do without her???? Everyone should get themselves a Gigi :) Thanks for blessing us so much!

 In other other news, my mom got into town yesterday and we are all loving her here (even Crash who sneaks down to sleep with her...hehe.)!!!!

In just a few short days baby boy Mahoney will be here!!! STAY TUNED!

4 comments:

  1. You look so good and love reading the latest. Aug 28 will come soon and be another wonderful and beautiful day in your life! Excited to see this little boy and learn his personality... Will be back in town sept 4 and would love to help in any way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud at #2! Haha! You are awesome. Can't wait to meet him!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!! Big smiles on my face knowing he is going to make his debut and that you have awesome family to help. I feel so sorry for you as I know first hand about laboring for weeks. They had to stop mine twice, my little monkey wanted out and it was not safe for him too, but on my third full out labor fiasco, he broke my water and there was no turning back. Know that I am thinking of you and praying for you and this sweet baby boy. I will be checking my FB 1000000times on tuesday:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I realize you are having you baby while I type this...maybe he is already here?! CONGRATS!
    I also saw your comment on my blog about seeing me at the library, I don't know how, since we are so quiet and stealth. HA! We were there and I had to pull Lo away from it since she is too big for that one. HA! (at least that is what I told her). I knew you lived in the same city as me and always wondered if we should meet up?! Maybe next time you know when you are all recovered and adjusted.

    PS that is so nice of your doc to induce you. I told you I get it. And it stinks when you body doesn't cooperate. Of course inducing at 37w and 35.5w is frowned upon. Congrats again!!!

    ReplyDelete