Friday, April 27, 2012

Decisions

The calendar is surely making its way to the end of August/ beginning of September...I mean my bags need to be packed and everything ready in 15 weeks! That doesn't seem very far away! (no I am not due in 15 weeks, that will put me at 36 weeks. I doubt he will come that early but it's always good to be prepared).

Anyway the point being I need to start getting some things in order for this baby boy's arrival! I am so excited because we have been making lots of decisions and starting some work! Yippee!!!

Decision 1).

We have a name picked out!!! Well we actually have for a while but the letters are bought and ready to be painted so it makes it seem more real! Are we planning to keep this one a secret??? Yes, but I will not be at all surprised if we (mostly me) slip up and spill the beans. Keeping this kind of secret takes a good deal of mental energy and I basically have none! Lol! Not only that names are flying around here all the time and I am already mixed up. So I won't be surprised if his name just comes out one time! Just the other day I asked Dan if he could take Pierce outside to go potty...of course meaning Crash. LOL oops!!!!!

2).

I have finally decided room arrangements! Saffryn is moving to a big girl bed (a full size mattress) and her crib will go into Pierce's room! The boys are going to share a room!!!!! We are going to start her transition into a new bed in the next few weeks...and she could not be more excited about it! I am going to sell all her baby crib bedding. I think it will be sad to let go of it and realize that chapter is forever closed. Man it goes by fast...

3).

Before I get too sappy let's move on to number 3. This one will come with some pictures...fun! We decided to put baby boys crib across the room from Pierce's crib. So we wanted to do something with his wall and make it fit with the rest of the room. So we first had to move the book shelf by Pierce's crib and take the stuff of the walls and move it. I think I found good homes for everything. Then I painted the wall...wait for it...ORANGE!!! If you remember (if not I have pictures) Pierce's wall is chocolate brown with orange letters...so little boy's will be orange with brown letters. Here are some pics...




Here is a picture of the process of me moving everything...it was kind of a mess. LOL.




Here is a crummy picture of the shelf and toys put away!




Here is a better one!

Now for the orange wall...











I am really happy with it! I think the brown letters and crib in front of it will help tone it down even more! Are you wondering how I managed to paint and watch 2 kids...




Make them play in the crib together! Hehe

I think we are making good progress and will keep you updated as we do more work!

P.S. I am for sure feeling the baby now...and I LOVE it!!!! Dan even saw him kick a couple of times...which tells me he is strong and ready to play with his 2 older siblings! :)

P.S.S I was so sure this baby was a girl so it took me a bit to wrap my head around a boy. But getting the room ready has made me so SO excited to say, "boys room". I am super excited to welcome another busy and cute and lovable boy to our family. I am so eager to meet him and snuggle snuggle snuggle him!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. love the orange! cute idea with the opposite colors as their names... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Can't wait to meet the little guy :)

    ReplyDelete