Thursday, April 12, 2012

Birthday

Today is my 27th birthday! Woo!!! Everyone celebrate me.....just kidding!

Actually this post is celebrating someone else. The last few years on my birthday I can't help but think of my parents (probably because I am now a parent myself).

Do you know the show on MTV called Teen Mom??? Well that was my parents. I was a big surprise to my teen parents.

How easy it would have been for my mother to get an abortion. She could have moved on with her life and gotten to do everything she wanted. She was not prepared for me. But instead of doing that she sacrificed. She sacrificed her body, her future, her dreams and wants. She decided to keep and raise me.

If you have seen the show I am talking about you will have seen over and over again the teen boys throwing their hands up in frustration and walking away never to return. They did not sign up for the harsh reality of growing up and supporting a family. How easy it would have been for my dad to do that. But he didn't. He stuck by my mom's side. He raised me. He sacrificed his future, his dreams and his wants.

You want to know the most amazing part? They never even once made me (or my sister) feel like a burden. They never told us what they sacrificed. They not only chose to give me life, they chose to give me a full life. One with love, guidance, support and so many memories.

Now that I am a parent I am completely blown away by mine. I am beyond humbled by their love and willingness to sacrifice so much for me. How can I ever truly thank them for what they have done. Mom and Dad I love you so much. Today I celebrate you and the choice you both made to give me a full and rich life!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments: